Gary Harper suffered from a near-death experience and almost lost it all. He made a promise to God that if he made it through, he would dedicate the rest of his life to service and helping others. God granted him that wish and today Gary consults with clients on how they can live their mission and vision and all the while, optimize their business process.
- Gary travels the country to help businesses with their processes.
- Gary was an executive for almost 15 years and also got into real estate about 20 years ago, but he lost it all and had to file for bankruptcy.
- Gary also nearly died from Lyme disease in 2011. During that time, he made a promise to God.
- How can you create your own vision plan?
- Gary had to start with his ‘Why’. He highly recommends Simon Sinek’s work. Gary’s ‘Why’ is to honor God.
- Gary explains his company’s ‘Why’ and showcases how it’s different from his personal ‘Why.’
- What really matters with you?
- When Gary was on his deathbed, he asked himself what did he do with all of his time. Where did it all go?
- Do you want to miss your child’s birthday because you were too busy trying to make money?
- How can people better visualize their life 10-15-20 years down the road?
- Gary breaks down his MVP (Mission, Vision, and Process) framework.
- Where we stumble and fail is when we try to do too much.
- The biggest thing is to FOCUS!
- It doesn’t really matter if you have a vision if you don’t have a gameplan on how to get it done.
- Document your process. If you’re in real estate, you’re wearing about 44 hats.
- Sometimes we work so hard that we lose focus on who it’s for, and why it’s for, and then your most important relationships fail.
- There are two types of entrepreneurs out there. There are leaders and there are dictators.
- Why do entrepreneurs fail to scale their businesses?
Mentioned in This Episode:
Connect with Gary here: Sharperprocess.com
Stay focused all year long: Fullfocusplanner.com
Start with Why, by Simon Sinek
Focus, by Al Ries
“If you don’t first and foremost work on you and make sure you’re healthy and you’re ready to go to that level, then you’ll fall flat on your face.”
“MVP stands for Mission, Vision, and Process. How can you be an MVP in 2019? It first starts with that mission.”
“Sometimes we work, work, work, and it’s for money, and we lose sight of who it’s for, and why it’s for.”
Ask Alex A Question:
Have a question you want featured on an upcoming Flip Empire Show?
Head over to the Ask Alex page, and record your question. We’ve made it super easy for you, so let us know what challenges you are having, and Alex will answer it personally!
Did you get your FREE Online Course?
Text the word EMPIRE to 67076, and we’ll send you a link to get instant access to the “5 Ways To Scale Your Real Estate Wholesaling Business To Six Figures (In 6 Months Or Less)” video module training course.
Subscribe To The Flip Empire Show, and Leave a Rating & Review!