Stephen Johnson got started in real estate in 2012 and a lot has changed since then. You are leaving money on the table if you’re not aware of the creative options and deal structures out there to make your seller happy, your buyer happy, and of course, you happy! It is possible to merge all three together and Stephen breaks down his process for you in today’s episode.
- Alex and Stephen just got back from a Mastermind/Mission trip in Guatemala.
- How did Stephen get started in real estate?
- Why is it important to know how to creatively structure deals?
- How does Stephen find his deals?
- Stephen shares an example of what a creative deal looks like.
- When does it make sense to introduce a creative scenario, and how…?
- Stephen shares a case study on a creative deal he is working on, right now.
- What is a ‘Sandwich Lease Option’?
- Stephen breaks down the math and how this creative deal was able to work out by renting it and paying the previous seller a monthly payment.
- Because of the way the deal is structured, it reduces Stephen’s taxable income plus he gets depreciation.
- Stephen will be eating off this deal for five-plus years and it had no rehab or repairs. Just pure deal structure.
- How much involvement is needed out of Stephen’s time when working with the seller/tenants on this deal?
- Alex really wanted to open your eyes on how to creatively structure deals.
- How does Stephen find his buyers?
Mentioned in This Episode:
How To Grow Your Business, Expand Your Impact, and Experience Your Perfect Life: Don’t Wait To Enjoy Your Life Tomorrow, Live It Today!
Have questions on creative deal structuring? Contact Stephen if you have any questions: 813-544-2274
“Do you need all the money today or probably not? Is it okay to get some money over time? What are your financial needs today? Those are some of the questions I ask.”
“We get tax advantages not only in depreciation but also at the sale plus we have cash flow and we have an asset. It’s a win across the board.”
“We’re closing and whole-tailing one in four deals and we’re letting go three out of four before we close it.”
Ask Alex A Question:
Have a question you want featured on an upcoming Flip Empire Show?
Head over to the Ask Alex page, and record your question. We’ve made it super easy for you, so let us know what challenges you are having, and Alex will answer it personally!
Did you get your FREE Online Course?
Text the word EMPIRE to 67076, and we’ll send you a link to get instant access to the “5 Ways To Scale Your Real Estate Wholesaling Business To Six Figures (In 6 Months Or Less)” video module training course.
Subscribe To The Flip Empire Show, and Leave a Rating & Review!