This is part-two of a question Audrey asked last week. Be sure to go to episode 23 to catch up on how to hire a great acquisitions manager, and to find out when it’s the right time to hire certain people depending on the stage of your business. Today, Alex furthers the conversation by going into detail on how he finds his talent and pre-screens them. It can become costly hiring the wrong person for your company, which is why you want to take precautions to make sure the person you hire is the right fit for the job at hand.
- Once you begin to fill your business with rockstar people, you’ll begin to get back your time and have more freedom.
- Alex loves hiring talent on Upwork.com.
- You want to have your applicants jump through some hoops to weed yourself out of the lazy ones who didn’t read the job description.
- If you find a great person who you’re already doing business with, reach out with that person and build a connection with them.
- Avoid playing email tag when trying to setup a time to speak to someone on Skype. Get a scheduling system.
- What kind of things can you do to pre-screen people?
- You want your job applicant to answer around 5-7 questions on the interview form.
- Get your job applicant to post a 2-3 minute video talking about themselves on YouTube.
- If the person doesn’t complete these hurdles, you know they’re not the right person for you.
- When they’ve passed the initial interview phase, have them take a Kolbe A Index test.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Here’s a great resource to find pre-screened, trained Real Estate Virtual Assistants!
Ask Alex A Question:
Have a question you want featured on an upcoming Flip Empire Show?
Head over to the Ask Alex page, and record you question. We’ve made it super easy for you, so let us know what challenges you are having, and Alex will answer it personally!
Did you get your FREE Online Course?
Text the word EMPIRE to 67076, and we’ll send you a link to get instant access to the
“5 Ways To Scale Your Real Estate Wholesaling Business To Six Figures (In 6 Months Or Less)” video module training course.
Subscribe To The Flip Empire Show, and Leave a Rating & Review!