Ryan Kuhlman was recently elected President of the National Real Estate Investors Association. He is officially the youngest person to hold this position. Ryan started his career as a realtor before getting into investing, but he’s had some hardships along the way. When the 2008 market crash happened, he lost nearly everything to repossession. Now, he helps homeowners facing foreclosure sell their homes before they lose everything. Find out on today’s episode what Ryan has learned after being 25+ years in the business.
- Ryan just got named the youngest President for the National Real Estate Investors Association
- Ryan really got hit hard when the 2007-2008 financial crash happened. Almost everything he owned got repossessed.
- Mistakes are important to your career success! Ryan shares some of the beginner mistakes he made as a wholesaler.
- What should you be looking for in a highly motivated seller?
- Why do most people stop making payments on their home?
- It can be hard to talk to a homeowner about the foreclosure process, but sometimes it’s important to be very honest with people experiencing financial stress.
- The longevity in this business is when you can talk to anybody at anytime, no matter the marketing method. Don’t get hung up on having the perfect system.
- Why do homeowners choose Ryan’s service over other competitors?
- Ryan shares his targeted-direct mail strategy.
- Handwrite your notes! That extra touch makes people see you’re a real person and not some ‘guy’ harassing them.
- Should you work/door knock on Sundays? Yes!!!
- Don’t find excuses, find reasons.
- What kind of lessons can we learn from the 2008 crash?
- Homeowners are going into default with their mortgages. There’s a cycle coming back.
- Ryan shares his strategy on how he plans to become more resistant when the next market crash happens.
- What advice would Ryan share to his younger self?
Mentioned in This Episode:
Interested in joining the Hybrid Coaching & Mastermind Group Alex & Steve launched? Apply to Join ASCEND
“A wholesaler’s golden goose is your ability to market, your ability to establish relationships, and close deals.”
“As I was saying yes to all that work, I was saying no to the stuff that really made me happy, the stuff that made my life worth living.”
“The right eyeballs on the right content as much as possible. If you focus on that, any business will blow up because what you will end up with is a massive pool of people saying I want to work with you.”
Ask Alex A Question:
Have a question you want featured on an upcoming Flip Empire Show?
Head over to the Ask Alex page, and record your question. We’ve made it super easy for you, so let us know what challenges you are having, and Alex will answer it personally!
Did you get your FREE Online Course?
Text the word EMPIRE to 67076, and we’ll send you a link to get instant access to the “5 Ways To Scale Your Real Estate Wholesaling Business To Six Figures (In 6 Months Or Less)” video module training course.
Subscribe To The Flip Empire Show, and Leave a Rating & Review!