Matt Fullerton has been in the real estate industry since 2017 but started his professional career in sales. With his background, he jumped into real estate with both feet and in his first year in business, he and his partner generated around a million dollars in wholesale fees. Matt shares his advice on how to level-up your sales abilities, why it’s important to be surrounded by people who are better than you, and how to navigate tricky marketing restrictions on your business.
- Like this podcast episode? Share it with your friends or shoot Alex a message letting him know what you think!
- Fear holds everyone back. Matt admits that fear was his biggest enemy.
- How did Matt get started in real estate?
- Matt was so burnt out at his sales job that one day he had enough and quit on the spot. He had no Plan B.
- Matt jumped into wholesaling with his business partner, Darryl, and he was just learning as he went.
- What advice does Matt have about learning how to sell?
- Why did Matt decide to partner with Darryl and what kinds of things should you look out for in a good partner?
- Focus on what you’re really, really good at.
- Due to a non-compete, Matt had some marketing restrictions in his business, so they had to get creative with how to market to sellers.
- How does Matt structure the deal profit when he is working with other companies?
- What messages does Matt use to re-engage old leads?
- What’s Matt’s take on doing deals 100% on the phone?
- Everyone who knows Matt knows what he does. He makes it a point to do that.
- What kind of content does Matt create for his social media?
- What advice would Matt give his 20-something self?
- Why did Matt and his partner Darryl decide to join ASCEND Mastermind & Coaching?
Mentioned in This Episode:
How To Grow Your Business, Expand Your Impact, and Experience Your Perfect Life: Don’t Wait To Enjoy Your Life Tomorrow, Live It Today!
“Find someone in your industry who is really good, who is doing better than you, and find out how you provide value to that person for them to teach you.”
“We reached out to other companies who had old leads and we worked these old leads. If we get deals, we’ll split them with the companies.”
“When we started out, I went to meetups three to four times a week. Every time I could find a meetup, I was there, handing out cards.”
Ask Alex A Question:
Have a question you want featured on an upcoming Flip Empire Show?
Head over to the Ask Alex page, and record your question. We’ve made it super easy for you, so let us know what challenges you are having, and Alex will answer it personally!
Did you get your FREE Online Course?
Text the word EMPIRE to 67076, and we’ll send you a link to get instant access to the “5 Ways To Scale Your Real Estate Wholesaling Business To Six Figures (In 6 Months Or Less)” video module training course.
Subscribe To The Flip Empire Show, and Leave a Rating & Review!