Shawn & Joni Wolswinkel have been together for 24 years and are high school sweethearts. They started their real estate business together, but it didn’t go without its own set of challenges. Shawn & Joni discuss how they navigate business challenges as a couple, disconnect from work, be present for their children, and more importantly, for each other when their lives are so intertwined.
- How do you make a marriage work while also making a business relationship work?
- How did Shawn & Joni build their company culture?
- Shawn & Joni want their employees to achieve their dreams. Some of their staff have moved on to start their own companies, and they’re super happy about it!
- Right now, Shawn & Joni are investing in their team to learn more about sales. They take a high priority on personal development.
- What happens if you experience turn over with your staff?
- What does the business look like today? They currently have 38 team members!
- Shawn & Joni are high school sweethearts and have been together for 24 years.
- What are Shawn & Joni’s strengths?
- How did Shawn & Joni make their business work together?
- Shawn & Joni bought their first house together at 19 on a credit card. It was nerve-wracking but Joni trusted in Shawn.
- Where was there friction in the business and how did that spill over into the personal side of things?
- Some employees would go to either Shawn or Joni and it caused friction because they were both running different segments.
- Shawn has learned to ask better questions.
- Sometimes Shawn agrees with the employee and it can end with him disagreeing with his wife.
- Joni sometimes just needs Shawn to listen as she is talking out a problem out loud.
- If your business is starting to affect your marriage, what do people need to turn things around?
- Shawn & Joni live very structured lives and it helps create balance.
- Most importantly, Shawn & Joni make time for each other despite having a business and children to take care of.
- What happens if someone slips up and doesn’t protect their work/life boundaries?
- What advice do Shawn & Joni have when it comes to mentally disconnecting from their business?
- Remember the business is here to serve us.
- Alex remarks on Shawn & Joni’s relationship and partnership goals.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Connect with Shawn & Joni: Htownrpm.com
Inside the Wolfs Den Podcast: Inside the Wolf’s Den an Entrepreneurial Journey with Shawn and Joni Wolfswinkel
Take Your Life & Business to New Heights with the Flip Empire Experience in the Florida Keys
Don’t Wait To Enjoy Your Life Tomorrow, Live It Today!
How To Grow Your Business, Expand Your Impact, and Experience Your Perfect Life:
🔊 LISTEN & SUBSCRIBE TO THE FLIP EMPIRE SHOW (PODCAST) on Apple Podcasts ▶︎ http://www.flipempire.com/podcast
📺 SUBSCRIBE TO ALEX PARDO’S YOUTUBE CHANNEL NOW ▶︎ https://www.youtube.com/alexpardo
🚀 How To Grow Your Business, Expand Your Impact, and Experience Your Perfect Life Don’t Wait To Enjoy Your Life Tomorrow, Live It Today ▶︎ https://www.AscendYourSuccess.com/
FOLLOW ALEX ON:
“I have a very supportive spouse and that’s key. Joni trusted me and she saw something in me and she supported me, no matter what.”
“In the beginning, the challenge was taking the work home and never shutting off. Constantly working.”
“It isn’t about who’s right, it’s about doing the right thing.”
ASK ALEX A QUESTION:
Have a question you want featured on an upcoming Flip Empire Show?
Head over to the Ask Alex page, and record your question. We’ve made it super easy for you, so let us know what challenges you are having, and Alex will answer it personally!
SUBSCRIBE To The Flip Empire Show, and Leave a Rating & Review!