In Part 1 of this four-part masterclass, we have four great real estate investors who are invested in two different asset classes: Self-storage vs. Mobile homes. On the Self-Storage side, we have Scott Meyers and Michael W. Wagner and on the Mobile Home side, we have Kevin Bupp and Ryan Narus. These four guys battle it out and break down which asset class is best in areas of Acquisitions, Dispositions, Financing, Management, and Construction! This episode dives into acquisitions. Btw, all donations that come from this episode will go to fund We Are Graces, a charity in Guatemala that’s close to Alex’s heart.
- This debate is all in the name of charity!
- There are going to be five rounds and it’s going to be broken up into four episodes!
- Who is Scott Meyers and how did he get into self-storage?
- Who is Michael Wagner and how did he get into self-storage?
- Who is Kevin Bupp and how did he get into mobile homes?
- Who is Ryan Narus and how did he get into mobile homes?
- Which asset class is superior when it comes to acquisitions? The self-storage guys go first.
- No matter what consolidation is happening in the market, storage is a flourishing industry.
- Municipalities don’t want mobile homes.
- Why are mobile homes the better asset class?
- Everyone always needs a roof over their heads.
- The data is there and it’s profitable.
- Mobile homes clean up communities.
- The self-storage guys take some time for rebuttal on both Kevin and Ryan’s comments.
- When times get tough, folks pay their rent first, not their self-storage.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Connect with Scott: Selfstorageinvesting.com
Connect with Michael and plug into The Storage Rebellion Community
IMPORTANT: VOTE for who won the Debate by Making a Donation to Graces, and Gain Access to All the Valuable Self-Storage & Mobile Home Resources
Don’t Wait To Enjoy Your Life Tomorrow, Live It Today!
How To Grow Your Business, Expand Your Impact, and Experience Your Perfect Life:
🔊 LISTEN & SUBSCRIBE TO THE FLIP EMPIRE SHOW (PODCAST) on Apple Podcasts ▶︎ http://www.flipempire.com/podcast
📺 SUBSCRIBE TO ALEX PARDO’S YOUTUBE CHANNEL NOW ▶︎ https://www.youtube.com/alexpardo
🚀 How To Grow Your Business, Expand Your Impact, and Experience Your Perfect Life Don’t Wait To Enjoy Your Life Tomorrow, Live It Today ▶︎ https://www.AscendYourSuccess.com/
FOLLOW ALEX ON:
“With mobile homes, you’re signing up to an industry that’s essentially dying a long, slow death and no change in sight on the horizon. You are also signing up for a life of fighting city hall.”
“Everyone needs a roof over their head. Not everyone needs a place to store their junk. When times get tough, they will pay for a roof over their head.”
“From an acquisitions standpoint, storage is a better asset class. Neither of you addressed how acquisitions are beneficial to the mobile home investor who wants to start today.”
“25% of self-storage is owned by institutional buyers. 18% of that is publicly traded. Within mobile homes, only 2.5% of the supply is owned by publicly-traded REITs.”
ASK ALEX A QUESTION:
Have a question you want featured on an upcoming Flip Empire Show?
Head over to the Ask Alex page, and record your question. We’ve made it super easy for you, so let us know what challenges you are having, and Alex will answer it personally!
SUBSCRIBE To The Flip Empire Show, and Leave a Rating & Review!